CRT TOP 10 WORST EXAMPLES
THE WORST OF THE WORST EXAMPLES OF CRITICAL RACE THEORY IN ACTION
1. Californian third-graders were made to “deconstruct” their racial identity and rank themselves according to their “power and privilege” in school. Teachers told students they lived in a “dominant culture” of “white, middle class, cisgender, educated, able-bodied, Christian, English speakers.”
2. The U.S. Sandia Labs held a re-education camp for white male employees, forcing them to write apology letters to people of color and women. The training materials claim that “devastating” elements of white male culture include “rugged individualism,” “a can- do attitude,” “hard work” and “striving towards success.”
3. The U.S. DHS held “microaggression trainings” that claimed “individualism, the Protestant work ethic, capitalism, monotheism, [the] written tradition,” and believing that “the most qualified person should get the job” are racist attributes.
4. The Arizona Department of Education created a program for parents to ensure their children aren’t racist. The “equity toolkit” claims that babies as young as 3 months old can be racist because “they look more at faces that match the face of their caregiver.” The materials also insist that people who “have a black friend, partner, or child” can “still be racist.”
5. The Smithsonian Institution publishes and promotes content teaching critical race theory featuring content by CRT scholars like Robin DiAngelo and Ibram X Kendi. The National African American Museum of History and Culture, for example, claims the United States has inherently believed in “white superiority…since its inception” and Enlightenment ideas like the “natural rights of man” and “religious freedom” formed chattel slavery.
6. California is voting on a new “ethnic studies curriculum” that advocates for “decolonizing” America by celebrating Aztec culture and left-wing ideology, claiming that Christianity killed the gods of indiginous peoples. The curriculum’s goal is to establish a “new regime of countergenocide and counterhegemony,” ridding America of white Christian culture. Primary and secondary students are made to clap and chant to Aztec gods of cannibalism and human sacrifice for “liberation, transformation, and decolonization.”
7. The Walt Disney Corporation’s diversity training forces employees to reckon with “systemic racism” and “white privilege,” going so far as to segregate employees into “affinity groups” separated by race and attended by white corporate leaders known as “executive champions.” Disney’s program, “Reimagine Tomorrow,” has immersed the company in divisive, politicized conflict by targeting white employees and demonizing classic films like Dumbo and Aladdin as “racist.”
8. Seattle Public Schools train teachers that the education system commits “spirit murder” against black kids — “murder[ing] the souls of black children every day through systemic, institutionalized, anti-black, state-sanctioned violence.” In recent training sessions, white teachers were told they needed to “bankrupt [their privilege] in acknowledgment of [their] thieved inheritance.”
9. UCLA law professor and renowned critical race theorist Cheryl Harris advocates for suspending private property rights, ultimately seizing and redistributing land and wealth according to race.
10. Coca Cola’s aggressive diversity plan stated the company would punish law firms working with the company if they didn’t hire “diverse attorneys,” half of which were required to be black, for at least 30% of hours billed. The plan also forced employees to watch videos on “how to be less white.”
Sign up to receive the latest from Center for Renewing America and Citizens for Renewing America